Monday, February 23, 2015

Exquisite Corpse





































(Above:) Meet Prince Peter Star. He is a half human, half alien and 100 percent prince of outer space! 

I created this exquisite corpse using one of the drawings completed in class. I decided to change the body shape and give him legs. His half human side has abs, chest hair and a "mom" tattoo. His alien features include a distorted hand, hypnotised eyes, and purple head gear! 

(Below:) This is the original exquisite corpse drawing completed by multiple students in class. In my final project above I changed the bottom half of the figure and one of his hands. I added a crown as well. I kept the eyes and teeth the same- I thought this gave the corpse an evil look. I also kept the head gear, this was very space themed, it also helped me think of the idea to create him into an alien. 



































How Peter the alien/robot man came about: 

  1. Paper was folded into 3 sections. 
  2. One student drew a head. 
  3. Paper was traded with students on the other side of the classroom and without seeing what head there was a body was created. 
  4. After swapping again, some sort of legs/ bottom half was drawn.
  5. The class looked at multiple drawings and voted on the four best ones!  

No comments:

Post a Comment